Dr Christian Bloth
Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt), Partner
Employment law specialist (Fachanwalt für Arbeitsrecht)
Dr Christian Bloth is the head of kallan's employment practice group and has more than twenty years of experience as an employment law practitioner, and is recognised as a employment specialist by the Frankfurt bar.
He has a wide-ranging employment practice. He handles both contentious and non-contentious matters, including collective and individual dismissals, reorganisations, negotiations with trade unions and works councils, the drafting of employment contracts for senior management and incentive programs. Christian Bloth has significant experience of dealing with complex employment law issues in restructuring projects, also involving redundancies, corporate splits, spin-offs and mergers and outsourcing. Projects of this kind often involve direct negotiations with trade unions and works councils.
Dr Christian Bloth is serving since 1999 as Honorary Consul of Sweden and since 2017 as Honorary Consul General in the Federal States Hesse, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland.
German (native), English, Swedish
- kallan Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft (since 2016)
- Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå AB (1991-2016)
- University Münster, Dr. jur. (1992)
- Legal clerkship (Referendariat ), 2. Staatsexamen (1987-1990)
- University of Stockholm, LLM (1987)
- Free University of Berlin, University Münster, 1. Staatsexamen (1986)
Negotiation of numerous restructuring projects, in particular negotiation with employee representations (works councils and trade unions) and management buy out, in various industries as furniture industry, paper industry, chemical industry, shipping, medical industry and mechanical engineering.
- Handelsblatt/The Best Lawyers in Germany in the field of employment law (2021-23)
- Product Liability in Sweden, Norway and Denmark (Heidelberg 1992, in German)
- Chapters on Product Liabilityin Sweden, Norway, Denmark in Graf von Westphalen (editor), Produkthaftungshandbuch (Munich 1999, in German)
- Aspects of Scandinavian and German Product Liability – A Comparison, in Scandinavian Studies in Law, Volume 39, published by the Stockholm's University Law Faculty, 2000 (in English)
- Ausdehnung und Verschärfung der Produkthaftpflicht in Schweden, Produkthaftpflicht International 1987, S. 209
- The Environmental Liability Act and the Environment Insurance in Sweden, Natur+Recht, 1991, p. 371 subseq. (in German)
- The Finnish Environmental Liability Act, Produkthaftpflicht International 1995, p. 202 subseq. (in German)
- Recent Developments of Product Liability in Sweden and Denmark, Produkthaftpflicht International 2002, p. 32 subseq. (in German)
- Numerous articles on labour law matters in Deutscher Anwaltspiegel (online publication)
- Frequent speaker on labour law at various institutions as Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Germany, Chambers of Industry and Commerce in the Rhine Main Area and training/education seminars of HR departments.
- Verband Deutscher Arbeitsrechtsanwälte (VDAA)
- European Employment Lawyers Association (EELA)
- Deutsch-Nordische Juristenvereinigung
- Deutscher Anwaltsverein
- Honorary Consul of Sweden in the Federal States Hessen, Rhineland-Palatinate and Saarland (since 1999)
- Commander of the Royal Swedish Order of the Polar Star (2015)
- Appointment as Honorary Consul General of Sweden (March 2017)