Banking and Finance
Our clients benefit in particular from our extensive experience in transaction financing in the fields of international real estate and M&A , and in the core areas of traditional banking and finance law. We draft and negotiate for our clients the full range of bilateral or syndicated loan documentation and issue legal opinions. Further areas of advisory expertise are consumer credit and deposit-taking business, intra-group financing, German Schuldschein loans and cash pooling agreements. We also advise on factoring and on trade in non-performing loans (NPL portfolios) as well as on selected issues of servicing. kallan is a member of DKS – Deutsche Kreditmarkt-Standards e. V., an association aiming at creating process and contract standards for the German credit market and credit market transactions.
We advise credit and financial services institutions as well as payment and collection services providers on all aspects of banking supervision, licensing and registration. Crossborder issues, including passporting, are central aspects of our work. We support our clients in the development of new banking products and we advise on outsourcing, prevention of money laundering and compliance requirements.
We continuously monitor the latest developments in banking and finance legislation and case law to assist our clients in introducing necessary and prudent changes to their existing documents and procedures.
Dr Christina Griebeler, M.I.C.L.
Advokat (Sverige), Partner
T +49 - 69 - 97 40 12 - 39
M +49 - 172 - 677 53 72
T +49 - 69 - 97 40 12 - 53
M +49 - 172 - 674 99 10
T +49 - 69 - 97 40 12 - 52
M +49 - 173 - 671 49 84
T +49 - 69 - 97 40 12 - 31
M +49 - 173 - 691 16 63
Lawyer (Rechtsanwalt), Of Counsel
T +49 - 69 - 97 40 12 - 0
M +49 - 173 - 31 09 384
- Advising a group of companies in incorporating a European-wide factoring program
- Advising Swedish banks in their market entry and continued cross-border consumer banking business in Germany
- Advising Nordic banks in cross-border mergers and the transfer of their German businesses into new German branches
- Advising a collection services provider in the acquisition and servicing of non-performing loans and other receivables
- Advising Nykredit in residential property lending transactions
- Advising Hemsö in the entering into of its first Schuldschein loan